Saturday, March 21, 2009

Blessed...






For me the day began with an air of desperation ..." a state in which all hope is lost or absent." Last night at work I learned there still is no position for me. I work as needed but, with Pops unemployed, we must have benefits.
The uneasy truth is that in addition to this job and school... more than likely soon there will be another job. Pieces of me scattered here and there.
Henry Miller's words echo, "The tragedy of it is that nobody sees the look of desperation on my face. Thousands and thousands of us, and we're passing one another without a look of recognition."
The day passed.... evening brought surprising comfort. One by one the gang assembled, unplanned and unscripted. T came home from school and began his brotherly duty of teasing Baby Girl, E, and Nate. Casually, the Newly-weds dropped by and were followed by Ma and her little ones.
Suddenly, amid all the laughter and chaos, all was right with the world, at least my world. That moment in time was perfect...I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting :) Y'all come back now...