Saturday, March 27, 2010

Hobbits and Silly Old Bears~






 There is a magic in that little world, home; it is a mystic circle that surrounds comforts and virtues never known beyond its hallowed limits.
~ Robert Southey
~


 I am getting to light like a butterfly in my own home for a few days.
This I love.
*sigh* 
I am a homebody.


Once long ago,
as I was complaining about just wanting to get home from an excursion of some kind,
my oldest son exclaimed,
"Mom, you sound just like Bilbo Baggins..."




He was right, of course.
In another world, I am a hobbit.
Not a very beautiful creature but a loyal, steady one.
And just as poor Bilbo was lured away from hearth and home,
I, too, have ventured out
all the while complaining and grumbling
only to find a very grand adventure....
hmmm.....
Ok, so now I'm starting to sound like Pooh...
"Oh, bother..."
Well, any way back to the subject at hand....
"Think, think, think..."
*sigh*


Well...
I think I am glad for all these trials of late...
(No, I am not trying to play Pollyanna's Glad Game)
If Steve had not lost his job, if we had not needed health insurance, if, if, if...
I would not be back in school,
I would not be working at the Center for Pediatric Medicine,
I would not have met even more amazing people...
and the list could go on and on...

About right now I feel like singing Garth Brook"s song,
Thank God for Unanswered Prayers.
But, not to worry,
you are safe.
I will not.

Suffice it to say, His Word is true,
"All things work for good
(not all things are good but they work for good )
for those that love the Lord and are called according to His purpose.
*sigh*








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting :) Y'all come back now...