Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter's promise... He has risen; He has risen indeed!



I came across a poem that was read at a funeral a few years back. This reading occurred for me during a particularly raw time of my life. My own mother had just died and I was sorting through the wealth of emotions which accompanies such a loss. I felt then and feel now that this piece speaks volumes about our lives and eventual deaths... I am posting it for safe keeping.

A Death Has Occurred by Paul Irion... 

A death has occurred and everything is changed.
We are painfully aware that life can never be the same again,
that yesterday is over,
that relationships once rich,
 have ended.

But there is another way to look upon this truth.

If life now went on the same,
without the presence of the one who has died,
we could only conclude that the life we remember made no contribution,
filled no space,
meant nothing.

The fact that our loved one left behind a place that cannot be filled
 is a high tribute to this individual.

Life can be the same after a trinket has been lost,
but never after the loss of a treasure.

~

I would be remiss not to add that Easter
assures us all of the promise of the resurrection.
An eternal home for all God's treasures...

He has risen,
He has risen indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting :) Y'all come back now...