Saturday, December 3, 2011

"And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us..." Hebrews 12:1


 

I think I must know some of how a marathon runner must feel. 
While I am not and never will be a runner, I have watched as they cross the finish line and collapse in utter exhaustion, 
struggling for breath, 
elated and winded. 
Empty of everything but the joy of a task completed, 
a goal accomplished, 
the dream finally a reality. 

Friday I will cross the finish line. 
I will have my Masters in Nursing Education. The reality has not quite settled upon me yet. 
Though I comprehend it, it still seems far away, 
surreal.
I have kept my head down and my eyes on the path right in front of me for so long, finally I can look up, if I but will...

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Though I comprehend it, it still seems far away,
    surreal."

    Ah, but it will be near soon and you will finally understand and comprehend it completely. God bless with your Masters in Nursing Education, eh.

    Cheers,
    Cathy@Top Reasons Why US is Having Staff Nurse Shortage

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes the perseverance is the most important thing. Don't you think?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting :) Y'all come back now...